In this post you will find:
- Who is coming?
- Info about the venue
- About the Floor Plan
- The planning of the showcase
- What to bring
- Drink Tickets
- How to invite your network
Everyone with a ticket can come in. However, due to safety reasons we can not allow everyone access. Full is Full. We urge people to come early (20:00) to make sure that they are able to get in.
During the VIP hour (19:00-20:00) we invite valuable professionals to play your games. Last years we had big names from platforms, investors, and publishers. So make sure to make most of this hour!
Info about the venue
The Great Northern kindly offered us space to showcase. The Great Northern is a club in the heart of San Francisco. Pictures can be found here http://thegreatnorthernsf.com/
The adress is: 119 Utah St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States
About the Floor Plan
Bookmark this page, as we will post the latest floorplan here. The floorplan on courage.events is the plan everyone should adhere to. We try to mix and match everyone at the perfect showcasing spot that fits your game or installation.
Please print, or take the floorplan digitally with you to the venue. I can’t distribute the floorplan on site. Please note that there can be last minute changes. If you want to switch with someone, you can – but visitors will receive the current version of the floor plan.
The planning of the showcase
[17:00] Let’s grab a taco at the bus in front of the venue
[18:00] Enter the venue and set things up
[19:00] Doors open for VIPs
[20:00] Doors open for everyone
[00:00] End of show – clean up
[01:00] All gone
What to bring
We have arranged a bar table per showcaser. This gives you enough space to setup a laptop/tablet and a banner. You could rent a screen yourself. Don Bellenger suggested to rent at https://andersonavrentals.com/audio-visual-equipment-rentals.asp
I am unsure how people managed last year, but I received an email from one of the showcasers that this rental service didn’t serve on Sundays… so it’s probably easier to bring your own stuff.
Make sure to bring your own gear! Bring at least the following (and make sure you bring it back ;))
- Extension cables and power blocks. You need a cable of min 6 meter to connect your table to a power socket.
- Headphones, if music is important
- Black tape to fix loose wires
- Business cards / flyers of the game
- You can put up a banner if you want (but not bigger than 1.20m x 2.00m)
- You can bring (or rent) one big screen. Max size = 42 inch (don’t bring a projector + screen) If you bring a bigger screen, you will not be allowed to set it up.
Drink tickets will be distributed on site.
The rule is: play a game and get a beer.
Make sure to give drink tickets to people who played your game only. This way we make sure people come to check out your work!
One drink ticket gives visitors a Beer (imported / domestic), a soda, or a prefab Cocktail (gin/vodka/tequila – soda).
Share your experience
We will share pictures and of course we’d love to see your experiences at Courage XL! Use the hashtag #couragexl and:
- Share the facebook event and invite your network!https://www.facebook.com/events/668014320346411/
- Post on Twitter & feel free to tag our accounts: @DeenMenno
- share the event on LinkedIn
- share the event on instagram @deenmenno
- and use any other channel you know to make people aware of our event!
Together we can make the event stand out!